Scholarship Description and Selection Process
- Selection for scholarships is based on a combination of high school GPA, awards/activities/involvement, and letter of recommendation.
- Applicants submitting their complete application previous to the deadline will be considered based off of the criteria above, for a premiere scholarship.
- Applicants submitting their applications prior or after the due date, and not awarded additional funds, will be given the minimum scholarship (traditionally totaling $800 over four semesters) according to the information below.
- Student must be a high school graduating senior in Spring 2016.
- Student must enroll at WOSC as an Agriculture Major for Fall 2016.
- Student must enroll in Agriculture Orientation class in Fall 2016.
- Student must enroll in at least one other Agriculture class in Fall 2015.
- Student must have an Agriculture advisor (see www.wosc.edu or top of scholarship application for advisor list) while at WOSC.
- For students awarded an $800.00 scholarship, to receive the further $200.00 installments the student must still be an Agriculture Major, have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0, and completed 24 hours of credit excluding deficiency classes.
- Complete online
- Print off an application from the above address and mail to:
Western Oklahoma State College
2801 North Main
Altus, Oklahoma 73521
Send Along with Application:
- Mail an OFFICIAL copy of your most recent high school and/or college transcripts.
- At least one letter of recommendation from a person familiar with your previous accomplishments, other than a family member or pastor/priest/minister/etc. Examples of people to send a letter are: Agriculture Education instructor, school administer, teacher, previous employer, or any other mentor.
Katy Butchee, Agriculture Instructor
WOSC AB 101
Dr. Jennifer Patterson
WOSC AB 105
Guy Smith, Rodeo Coach/Agriculture Instructor
WOSC AB 104